Question about 1997 Honda F6 C Valkyrie
Hi, Arm_1951 and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery damaged or nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Faulty fuel pump.
9. Intake air leak.
10. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
11. Enricher valve inoperative.
12. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
13. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
14. Faulty ignition coil.
15. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
hard starting valk
Valkyrie Cold Starting Procedure
Honda GL1500 Service Manual
Honda 1997 GL1500C Valkirie Owner Manual
Posted on May 17, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1998 honda shadow will not start
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Initially, a few possibilities you may want to check/explore:
Good luck and Thank you for using FixYa. Happy Holidays.
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
SOURCE: cbr 125 choke problem
It sounds like the choke line may not have been routed correctly when the new one was installed. Remove the gas tank and check to see that the line is not being stretched anywhere along the way AND that the gas tank when re-installed is not stretching the line. The line may have been kinked when installed. Look at the mechanical movement of the choke at the carb. Does it operate freely? Remove the air filter and look inside the center of the carb, (you may need to use a small mirror for this), does it look like the choke is opening and closing properly when the choke is moved on and off?
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
Check vacuum line from #6 intake runner (port side rear cylinder) to the fuel petcock valve. The valve is vacuum operated for safety. It cuts off fuel to the carbs when the engine is shutdown. Hose could be cracked or diaphram in valve is cracked. Easy to inspect the valve.
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2014 | 1998 Honda F6 C Valkyrie
Oct 29, 2010 | 2003 Honda VT 750 CD Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe
Jun 18, 2010 | 1998 Honda F6 C Valkyrie
Jun 12, 2010 | 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate
Apr 03, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Jan 10, 2010 | 2005 Toyota Corolla
Oct 08, 2009 | 1998 Honda F6 C Valkyrie
May 20, 2009 | 1998 Hyundai Elantra
Apr 16, 2009 | 1996 Honda VT 1100 C Shadow Spirit
Jan 01, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 2WD
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: