Question about 1999 BMW R 850 RT
Hi, Allinph1 and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor or intake seals.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, O2, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust valve.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Surging or Hunting
1993 2000 BMW R850GS R850R Service Manual Moto Data Projec BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche OEM BMW Motorcycle Parts online 1970 present BMW
Posted on Jan 05, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check throttle and choke controls are not sticky and air filter. If this is the injected engine the high pressure system seems at fault, you could try an injector cleaner additive that removes gum. consistent warm running suggests not a major problem
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2015 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 11, 2013 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Jul 25, 2013 | 1991 Toyota Camry
May 01, 2017 | Briggs & Stratton Garden
Feb 23, 2011 | 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Apr 14, 2010 | Polaris ATV
Jul 07, 2009 | 1998 Mitsubishi Galant
Jul 06, 2009 | Ford Probe Cars & Trucks
Apr 20, 2009 | 1991 Honda Accord
Aug 16, 2017 | Motorcycles
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: