Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
I have a yamaha teos 125 scooter... it was working fine but now it will not start. the engine turns over but wont kick in... i have checked the spark plug and all seems to be ok, is there anything else i should be looking at? could it be because water has got in somewhere? i was also wondering if the teos has a kill-switch that i could have accidentally pressed? if so where would it be???
Hi, Emily_irwin and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Yamaha Teos XN125 difficult to start
yamaha ttr 125L does not start but has spark
Yamaha XN125 2000 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha TEO XN125 Owner Manual
Posted on May 29, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: bike wont start
Initially, pls check/verify:
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information. Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
SOURCE: no spark
It sounds to me like the repair shop has connected the ignition wire ( the wire going to the + side of the coil ) to the wrong switch terminal. Take a volt ohm meter and connect the ground wire to the negitive ( - ) side of the battery and expose the ignition switch terminals. With the switch in the OFF position check for volatge on all the terminals. Make note of any terminals showing a 12 volt reading. That is probably the feed line from your battery. Turn the switch to the ON or RUN position and check for a terminal other than the one which gave you a reading before. note and mark this terminal. Locate the coil. There are 2 thin ( 18 guage ) wires attached to the coil. One goes to the distributer and the other goes to the ignition switch. Isolate that wire and reattach it to the connection on the ignition switch you marked earlier...
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
change the coil you may not think it got hot but sometimes a coil can overheat on the inside just enough to break the copper winding. when riding hard slow down for a couple of miles to give everything time to get back to normal temps before shutting it off
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
SOURCE: yamaha yz125 wont start...
hello there guys, listen a top tip is when the engine's cold tip the bike almost right on its side nearly touching the floof, wait for the petrol to poor out of the carb over flow pipe, this should take a matter of a few seconds, stand the bike back up again and kick and that baby should start right up, if it does then you have a problem with your float, if it still doesn,t then take it to a shop and get them to check it out, hope this helps. regards sam
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
SOURCE: no spark from coils
i HAVE A 2006 V STAR 650 CLASSIC WITH A STARTING PROBLEM, COIL PACKS HAVE BEEN CHECKED OK, CDI IGNITION MODULE HAS BEEN REPLACED AND STILL NO FIRE TO PLUGS, KILL SWITCH ON HANDLE BARS BEEN REPLACED TOO, STARTER WILL TURN ENGINE BUT NO FIRE AT ALL
Posted on Apr 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2014 | 2011 Yamaha XMax 125
Sep 23, 2013 | 2005 Yamaha Vino 125
Jun 29, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Oct 03, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha Vino 125
Jul 09, 2011 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Please see my tip at http://www.fixya.com/cars/r5925550-dead_battery_troubleshooting . These are generic instructions. If you get stuck or need specific instructions for your car, please get back to me with model, year and engine info.
Oct 13, 2010 | Yamaha XS1 Motorcycles
Oct 11, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 125
Mar 28, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 125
Nov 22, 2008 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: