Question about 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Hi Jeffeifs, and the usual suspects are:
1. Loose, corroded, or broken battery cable ends inside the cable harness especially the "NEGATIVE" cable at both ends.
2. A severely drained battery.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below, and for specific information or questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a nice day.
Posted on Sep 27, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: crf 150f backfire
change the jetting...youcan contact FMF for thier setup recommendations for running that pipe with the bike...very common problem and jetting will take care of alot of the issue
Posted on May 03, 2009
Could be running too lean, check the color of your plugs to know for sure, black and dry is rich white and blistered is lean.,
Posted on Apr 03, 2010
its also recommended to increase the main jet by 2 sizes for every change,( filters, pipes etc )so your main jet needs to be 4x bigger than it was standard..
Posted on Apr 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the information. We did use the recommended Jet Kit and settings per Cobra, but just can't seem to get it to stop popping/backfiring. "
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2014 | 2010 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Apr 16, 2014 | 1996 Honda VT 1100 C Shadow Spirit
Mar 07, 2013 | Motorcycles
Sep 13, 2010 | 2005 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Dec 22, 2009 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Nov 18, 2009 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Oct 22, 2009 | 1997 kawasaki VN 800 A Vulcan
Sep 03, 2009 | 1998 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Apr 15, 2009 | kawasaki KX 250 Motorcycles
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: