Question about 2004 Triumph Daytona 955i
Hi, The_redneckc and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary your battery may show 12.5 volts or more but have little or zero amps and must be replaced.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Fuel tank empty.
10. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Faulty fuel pump.
14. Faulty pressure regulator.
15. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2002 955i Daytona Quits while running and then will not start
Topic Starting Issue on 2005 Triumph Daytona 955I RUNNING AGAIN Read 8197...
Triumph Daytona 955i 2002 Service Manual
Hermys Triumph Motorcycle Parts 2004 Triumph Genuine Body and frame...
Triumph Daytona 955i Handbook
Posted on Apr 21, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, the problem lays with your side stand switch. This is designed to stop us riding off with the stand down. When the switch plays up the safety still works with the stand up. Try giving it a good clean and spray with WD40. It gets covered in crud from the chain lube.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
This is a common problem with the Daytona's 2002+. Typically its the charging system and if the battery level gets below 12v the instrument panel will not function properly (LED display will read or flash something other than what is normal). Recommend charging the battery and checking the voltage @ the battery while running. If voltage drops as RPM increase: Replace reg/rect. The Stator my also go bad too. Too T/S (remove tail section disconnect the 3 wire connector coming from the stator and pin check a/c voltage across two pins at a time. check condition of connector and wires, if it feels stiff and brittle replace wire loom and check 3 pin connector under the fuel tank. If still bad, should be Approx 45v a/c @ idle, replace stator OR send it out for a re-wind. It's cheaper more durable and you get a 1 year warranty. I recommend Custom re-wind for this.
Owner of a 2002 50K+ mile and still runs like new
Posted on May 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks I appreciate your advise,"
Use key to get off back seat then there are two screws that hold down small levers under the seat take them off seat comes up.
Posted on Jun 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2016 | Triumph Daytona 955i Motorcycles
Jun 24, 2015 | Triumph Daytona 955i Motorcycles
Mar 12, 2013 | 2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
Jun 04, 2017 | Triumph 955i Speed triple Motorcycles
Feb 12, 2011 | 2004 Triumph Daytona 955i
Jun 26, 2009 | 2006 Triumph Daytona 955i
Jun 18, 2009 | 2004 Triumph Daytona 955i
Dec 24, 2008 | 2005 Triumph Daytona 955i
152 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: