Question about Honda CR 250 R Motorcycles
I'm not getting the ignition to the spark plug on my 1985 cr250. I have replaced the coil and checked the connections from the stator to the kill switch to the coil.
Hi, Melisamoore2 and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
1985 CR250R is getting no spark What could it be
How to fix No Spark Problem on Motorcycles and Dirt Bikes
CR250 2002 2003 pdf
Honda CR250R Owner Manual Competition Handbook
Posted on Jun 26, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the cdi is the best bet but get a test light and have someone kick the bike over while you see if the stater has power comming out of it the stater is on the left crank case cover you will see the wires comming out of the cover but the cdis go out a lot more often than the stater with the bike being a 05 its a 90% shot
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Could be the spark plug cable it self causing all the grief. Or it just could be one of the above that you mentioned. Not everything new is fail safe.
Good luck figuring it out.
Posted on Sep 19, 2009
SOURCE: My 1985 Honda 1200 started
My first Gold wing ran like junk all the way home from the dealer. When I got home I took the new spark plug caps out of my pocket and put them on the ends of the wires and started it up. It was now quiet and smooth and I could not figure out why I had not changed them at the dealer. Before you do anything else , spend $20 on a set of NGK spark plug caps. They just screw on to the ends of the wires. It is probably all you need.
Posted on Sep 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 08, 2017 | Honda CR 250 R Motorcycles
Mar 02, 2016 | Motorcycles
Jun 29, 2012 | Honda Cr250 1992 Cr 250 92 Water Pump...
Jun 27, 2012 | Honda CR 250 R Motorcycles
May 19, 2012 | Honda CR 250 R Motorcycles
Jan 30, 2012 | 2002 Honda CR 250 R
Aug 05, 2010 | Honda CR 250 R Motorcycles
Sep 19, 2009 | 2003 Honda CR 250 R
Jun 28, 2009 | 2005 Honda CR 250 R
May 13, 2009 | 2003 Honda CR 250 R
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: