Question about 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
My yamaha is making a grinding noise when I try to start it I was told it could be the starter I changed it but it still won't start
Hi, Latwell_lady and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Starting Problem on vstar classic
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Yamaha XVS1100 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVS1100 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 29, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
the best advise i could give you is don't ride a yamaha be a real man ride a harley!!!!
Posted on May 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 27, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha XVS 125 Dragster
Dec 14, 2011 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
Sep 27, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar Classic
Jan 31, 2011 | 2005 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
May 24, 2010 | Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar Motorcycles
Oct 09, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
Aug 05, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar Classic
Aug 04, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
Mar 29, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: