Question about Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic Motorcycles
Seems to me that it takes a special tool to maintain the alignment of the lock when you take it out. I'm not sure. I'd advise calling a dealer and talking with the service department.
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2017 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Aug 27, 2014 | Motorcycles
Apr 08, 2014 | 2002 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Aug 15, 2013 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 10, 2013 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHRS - FLHRSI Road...
Jan 27, 2012 | Motorcycles
Here's the procedure to remove the IGNITION /LIGHT KEY SWITCH AND FORK LOCK for a 2005 FLHT/C/U or FLTR (Domestic): Tools needed for removing ignition switch A T27 Torx, a small flat blade screwdriver, 7/8 wrench.
1. Remove the outer fairing and windshield
2. To remove the ignition switch, insert the ignition switch key and turn to the UNLOCK position. Leaving the key installed, rotate the knob to ACCESS. Depressing the release button at bottom (left side) with a small screwdriver, push key down and turn an additional 60 degrees in a counter-clockwise direction. Lift and remove knob.
3. Using a 7/8 wrench on flats, loosen switch nut and remove from threaded post of ignition switch housing. Remove collar and spacer.
4. Using a T27 TORX drive head, remove the two screws (with flat washers) that secure fairing cap to left and right sides of fairing.
5. Remove the switch position plate by pulling tabs from slots in faring cap. If necessary, raise the fairing cap slightly to facilitate removal.
6. With the forks turned fully to the left, disconnect the Fairing cap switch connector (105) 12-place Multilock (black), from behind right side of fairing cap. Depress the button on the plus side of the connector to pull apart the pin and socket halves.
7. Remove the fairing cap from the motorcycle.
8. Locate the ignition switch connector (33), 4-place Packard, at bottom of radio. Slide connector off anchor and separate pin and socket halves.
9. Remove the socket screws (with flat washers) and lift the switch housing from the upper fork bracket bore. Route the ignition switch connector to rear of inner fairing and remove switch housing from the vehicle.
Sep 19, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 08, 2011 | kawasaki GT650R TTC Motorcycles
Apr 01, 2011 | 2001 Harley Davidson FXST Softail Standard
Jul 02, 2009 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: