Question about kawasaki Motorcycles
I have a Kawasaki kdx 175 dirt bike it doesn't have any spark. I tested the mag using a drill to turn it and I can get 8 volts the motor ground. the ignition coil is used but should be working. I'm not too sure as the wriing, I may have it wrong. any help as to the wiring to any thoughts would be helpful. thanks. @
Hi, Ctmcmullen and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Faulty run/off switch
11. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
12. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
kdx 175 1981 no spark
How to fix No Spark Problem on Motorcycles and Dirt Bikes
1980 1982 Kawasaki KDX175 Motorcycle Repair and Service Manual $24
Kawasaki KDX200 Service Manual Free
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Posted on Dec 08, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
To my knowledge, there would only be 3 wires needed from the handlebars that affects the engine:
As to the ignition coil, 1 wire is IGN B+12 while the other would go to the CDI and should pulsate when cranking or engine running.
Good luck and thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
It would be great if you could find the Ignition Control Module!!! From my experience on my Jeep...90 YJ 4.2 liter carb. it does not have one...Computer controlled only...
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2016 | Motorcycles
Mar 25, 2013 | 2002 kawasaki KDX 125
Nov 06, 2017 | 2005 kawasaki KDX 200
Nov 18, 2010 | 2000 kawasaki KDX 125
Jul 01, 2010 | 1998 kawasaki KDX 200
Apr 07, 2010 | 2000 kawasaki KDX 125
Apr 05, 2010 | 2000 kawasaki KDX 125
Nov 24, 2009 | 1998 kawasaki KDX 200
Sep 26, 2009 | 2003 kawasaki KDX 220 R
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!