Question about 1999 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
I have a honda 250 electric start that will not start or turn motor over what could it be? @
Hi, Niceguy883 before testing any electrical component in the Starting Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Engine Run Switch is "FAULTY" or corroded.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
5. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
6. FOB battery low or dead.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
8. Faulty starter button.
9. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
10. Security alarm needs a reset.
11. Starter relay, solenoid, starter motor or circuit wiring faulty.
12. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
13. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
14. Faulty ignition relay.
15. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
16. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Rebel 250 won start Need help advice
Honda Rebel 125 250 450 View topic my rebel won start
Honda TWINSTAR 250 Service Repair Maintenance
Honda CMX250C REBEL 2007 Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 27, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check the oil and make sure it's NOT black, Check air filter, oil filter, and gas filter, check engine fuse, see if spark plugs are ok, check starter, check alternator and belt. if problem still persists please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Jun 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2014 | 1996 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Jun 23, 2014 | 1996 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Nov 10, 2013 | 1996 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Oct 07, 2013 | 1999 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Sep 23, 2013 | 2005 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Mar 19, 2013 | 2005 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Sep 20, 2012 | 1996 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Dec 29, 2017 | 1999 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Feb 16, 2012 | 2003 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Oct 02, 2011 | 1996 Honda CMX 250 Rebel
Jun 22, 2018 | Motorcycles
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: