Question about 2000 Honda NSR 125
Hi, on my NSR 125, I have no spark at my spark plug. I have checked everything as cables, coils, pulse generator, I'm wide open for to test everything to get this motor running again. @
Hi, Ove_claesson and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Faulty run/off switch
11. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
12. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Honda Nsr 125 ignition problem no spark
NSR 125 no spark
DOWNLOAD Nsr125 1988 01 Honda Service Repair Manual $15
Honda NSR 125R
Posted on Feb 12, 2018
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: strip start
Take your side fairing off. Undo the left hand engine casing, take off chain guard. Under this there will be a gasket and two 12mm bolts holding the motor in place. Undo these and take the motor off...
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
locate the crankase cover to the left of the engine towards the lower end of the motor. if the bike has a center stand place it upon it t\and undo the crank cover once removed you will visually see the pulse generator it is like a large type style magnet. good luck
live free ride hard..
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
SOURCE: no fuel gettin to the spark plug
There should not be fuel on the spark plug anyway, if the plugs are firing the fuel would burn off them.
Regardless, if you suspect the fuel line is blocked simply remove the fuel line either from the petcock or carburator and blow in it to see if there is any blockage.
1) is there fuel in the tank?
2) is the fuel filter plugged?
3)is the petcock in the ON or RES position?
There should be a screen on top of the petcock that could get plugged up with debris from inside your gas tank. Drain the fuel from the tank and remove the petcock to clean the screen.
Hope this helps, pls vote for me.
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
SOURCE: no sparking on a 1979 YZ 125
Check the side stand kill switch. It kills the engine so that you don’t start out with the side stand down. If broken or out of adjustment, it would kill the spark. Check for a broken wire at the side stand switch and coupler. Try moving the kill switch by hand. If that doesn’t work then wire a jumper around the switch to bypass it. Check the fuses. How good is the battery? Try a jump start from your car battery. Is the handlebar kill switch on? Check the operation of the ignition switch and all kill switches with a volt ohmmeter. Also check the wiring harness for loose and/or dirty connections. Look for bad plastic connecton blocks and abraided wires.
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2014 | Honda NSR 125 R Motorcycles
Aug 28, 2017 | 1989 Honda XR 250 R
Feb 21, 2013 | 2000 Honda CM 125 C
Jul 14, 2012 | 2000 Honda NSR 125
Mar 05, 2012 | 2001 Honda NSR 125 R
Jan 26, 2018 | 1983 Honda XL 125 R
Aug 29, 2017 | 2002 Sym Husky 125
Feb 14, 2011 | 1992 Honda NSR 250 MC 21
Aug 01, 2010 | 1984 Honda NS 250 R
159 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: