Question about 1993 Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883 Deluxe
Hi Dr_michelle, when checking for spark the CKP needs to measure the compression bump in order to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM so always check for spark with either a third plug grounded or lift the end of the plug boot 1/2 " off one of spark plugs that are in the head. and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections especially the negative cable at "BOTH" ends
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
For a primary suspect please visit the website below. Good luck and have nice day.
Harley Davidson Wiring Diagrams and Schematics
Posted on Jun 28, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your key switch could be bad or you have a broken power wire from the battery to the circuit breakers. Check everything with a voltmeter.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
SOURCE: 883 wont start
The battery might just be done or warn out, if you get lights when you turn the key on, and can honk the horn and everything, then it should click, if you are able to honk the horn and lights etc. and they aren't real weak, when you hit the starter it should tick, if your lights are bright and horn is loud and brake light responds quickly, then I'd ask a Harley dealer about it.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 04, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 06, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 05, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Sep 17, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 14, 2012 | 2000 Ford Explorer
Apr 28, 2012 | Health & Beauty
Mar 29, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Aug 22, 2011 | Dewalt DC920KA Heavy Duty Xrp 18V Cordless...
Jun 26, 2008 | Ericsson Cell Phones
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: