Question about 2000 Aprilia RSV Mille R
If you started to feel like the clutch was not separating properly and then you could not change gear at all; I had the same problem on my 2000 RSV R. It is a common problem with the clutch slave cylinder seals going due to engine temerature. Only solution is to get yourself another one. Check out the aftermarket ones you can get as these can make the clutch action easier around town.
Posted on Jan 30, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2013 | 2006 Hyundai Sonata
May 20, 2017 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jan 10, 2011 | 2008 Gas Gas EC 200 Hobby
Nov 21, 2010 | 1987 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold Wing
Bleeding the system is as follows. It also helps if you have a length of clear plastic tubing that fits snugly over the tip of the bleed nipple, which makes it easier to see if there are any air bubbles still coming out.
1. Start with the Master Cylinder full of fluid. (Don't forget to check after a few bleeds that it stays above ¼ full so that you don't introduce more air into the line).
2. Have an assistant pump the clutch pedal 2 or 3 times, then hold down, keeping weight on the pedal as fluid is released.
3. Loosen bleed nipple to release any air & fluid.
4. Tighten nipple. Assistant then lets clutch pedal return. It may be necessary to manually pull back pedal if it does not return by itself.
5. Wait a few seconds then repeat the sequence from #2.
Bleeding is complete when no more air bubbles are visible in the fluid released from the bleed nipple. If clutch is still spongy you may have to repeat the bleeding after a few days driving. If the Slave cylinder does not have a bleed nipple the union nut that attaches the fluid pipe can be used for bleeding. However, it is a bit harder to observe when all air is purged and of course very messy as fluid will drip everywhere.
Oct 28, 2010 | 1998 Plymouth Neon
Nov 15, 2009 | 2002 Mini Cooper
Sep 17, 2009 | 2004 Mazda 3
Aug 13, 2008 | Mazda Tribute Cars & Trucks
Oct 19, 2017 | Derbi Motorcycles
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: