Question about 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Fat Boy
Hi Cartercg, the fuel vacuum line is for carburetors only, when checking for spark the CKP needs to measure the compression bump in order to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM so always check for spark with either a third plug grounded or lift the end of the plug boot 1/2 " off one of spark plugs that are in the head. and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections especially the negative cable at "BOTH" ends
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
For a primary suspect please visit the website below. Good luck and have nice day.
Big Twin Carb EFI DTC Intructions codes Harley Davidson Forums Harley... Set Change Override Transport Harley Security Alarm PIN Code No Key Fob...
Posted on Jun 28, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
System is self bleeding. You may have disturbed some debris that has gotten in the fuel injector/s. Try running some fuel injection cleaner through it and see what happens.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
Replace the petcock. The rubber diaphragm is ruptured. I'd also bet your fuel mileage dropped cause the ruptured diaphragm is allowing raw fuel to be sucked into the intake manifold.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Remove speed sensor in G/Box (behind starter motor) clean the end of sensor as it will have metal filling on it which can stop the sensor from working.If no luck the sensor it self would have failed which is very common
Posted on May 22, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2015 | Motorcycles
Oct 12, 2014 | Motorcycles
Apr 10, 2013 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Fat Boy
Nov 28, 2012 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy
Apr 12, 2012 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Fat Boy
Dec 11, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki SV 1000 S
Oct 05, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTCI Heritage ...
Jul 25, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Jun 18, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: