Question about 2006 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Hi, Paul_hari and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. A severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
13. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
14. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
15. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
16. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
17. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
18. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
19. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
20. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
21. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
22. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
turns over but wont start
1991 GSX600f Katana will not start
OEM parts for Suzuki
Posted on Apr 22, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Remove the carb , dissemble it and clean the varnish out. After so long in storage I am surprised it runs at all. Remove the petcock, ( gas valve ),water trap and clean it out. Next let one cup of gas flow into a container. Any water or rust in the bottom of the container? If any rust was in the water trap or the container then purchase an inline fuel filter to eliminate the rust getting into the carb.
If cleaning the carb yourself does not do the trick then take it to the dealer and have them clean it and install a carb kit. This should get you back on the road.
Post a comment to let me know how it goes. Then rate the solution > Hopefully it's a "FixYa" rating!
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
the frame should be the same. the difference between the gsx and gsxr, is that one is a two stroke and one is a four stroke. the frames should be the same. what are you doing with these bike, first.......
Posted on May 12, 2009
There may not be an in-line fuel filter on the bike. Most bikes don't come with them. Yes, the fuel petcock has two screen filters on one pipe and they can get clogged up. Remove the tank then remove the petcock and clean it. The gas in the tank should be dumped into a clear plastic storage bin so that you can see if there is any water in the gas as well as rust and trash. Your bike is 15 years old and the inside of the tank may be rusty. If so, Google “ kreem fuel tank liner “ or go to
This will end the rust problem. Go ahead an install an in-line fuel filter. There is a drain plug on the lower left side of each carb. Drain each carb into a clear container and look for water and trash. You may need to clean the carbs but hold off to see if the other stuff fixes the problem.
Go to the site below where you can see a parts diagram for your specific bike. You will select the actual brand, year, model, etc., once you go to the site. Part numbers and prices are also shown. You can order parts from this site. In the event no price is shown on a particular part, the part is not in stock.
Please top rate this answer. Thanks!
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
the battery will build up calcium and wont hold enough kick charge to start bike thou the battery will test ok in this instance,, this happens when a bike sits for a while without a start
hpoe this helps
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2017 | Suzuki Motorcycles
Feb 08, 2017 | 2004 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Aug 07, 2014 | Techmount Suzuki Gsx600f Katana Black...
Jun 28, 2011 | 2008 Suzuki Boulevard S50
Sep 20, 2017 | 1999 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Apr 16, 2010 | 2006 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Jun 02, 2009 | 2001 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
May 12, 2009 | 2003 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Apr 18, 2009 | 2006 Suzuki GS 500 F
Mar 10, 2013 | 2006 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: