Question about 2005 Yamaha Zuma
Hi, Russell_vinc and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. A severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
13. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
14. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
15. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
16. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
17. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
18. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
19. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
20. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
21. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
22. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
ZUMAFORUMS NET View topic Help my zuma 50cc won start anymore
Scooter Troubleshooting Scooter won start All about Scooters
Yamaha CW50L Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha ZUMA CW50N Owner Manual
Posted on May 06, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thank you for your quick response.
Just tried your solution.
Ran for about 20 feet and then flooded out.
Again, thanks for trying!
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
Hi, I had simmilar problem with my 1993 JGC . I ran out of gas and it would not start until the next day. Then it will start and run until I put the brakes on tho stop and then it will die. It starts right back up. Ended up being the voltage regulator in the ECC/ECM. It is at the mechanics shop right now waiting for the ECC to come in.I will post a follow up.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
If you have a two line fuel system make sure the lines didn't get crossed. If they are you could still get gas to the cylinder but not enough. I hope this will of some help to you. Donnyb60
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
If your jetting is too rich it will be extremely hard to kick start it and will most likely flood it from kicking.First thing i would do is pull the top of the carbs off (cable,slides and needles) and see which clip they're set at. If they are set stock which would be middle clip then lower the needle one clip. This will lean the mix out and should start up easier with no problems,The idle issue is most likely just off.If your fiance still has the TORS on it then on top of the carbs he will see 2 dime size and screws and wires as soon as he takes his seat off.While running he can turn each dime size screw in or out to adjust the idle. If it has a TORS elimator kit on it then he won't have all the junk on top of the carbs and it will be just a cable and round cap screwed directly on top of the carbs and the idle screws will be on the side of each carb (brass color screws with nuts to tighten) same thing...in or out to adjust the idle where needed.Hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 29, 2016 | Motorcycles
Nov 01, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jan 22, 2014 | 2012 Yamaha Zuma 50F
Aug 02, 2012 | 1989 Yamaha 1990 Cw50 Cw 50 Zuma Cylinder...
Nov 01, 2011 | Quad 47 cc / 49 cc Pocket Mini Bike...
Jul 11, 2010 | 2002 KTM EXC 200
Jun 27, 2010 | Poulan Pro 16-Inch 38 cc Anti-Vibration...
Apr 19, 2009 | Quad 47 cc / 49 cc Pocket Mini Bike...
Aug 21, 2017 | Motorcycles
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: