Question about 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
I had a problem like that on my 2003 ultra classic. turns out there was a recall on some electric block in the fairing. It was a main connection power block kinda thing. Anyway they replaced it and then it never happened again.
it would ride a while on a hot day 25 min freeway and then just shut down. wait and cool down and it would restart.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Aug 24, 2010
Hi, Donjager the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or damaged battery, 9 volts or lower.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
11. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
12. Fuel tank empty.
13. Gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
14. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and free downloads that you need please visit the websites below and for specific information or questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a nice day.
06 Ultra intermittently dieing electrical issue The Garage Harley Davidson...
bike dies while riding Harley Davidson Forums
Harley Davidson Manuals Mark Workshop
Owner Manuals Harley Davidson USA
Posted on Jan 26, 2016
Have you changed to bulbs to a higher wattage? I believe stock is 35W. If you go higher, it overloads the system: 2 at 35W and the headlight (55W on low).
Posted on Jan 25, 2016
I was having the same cutting out issue on my 2003 FLHTCI and found that the fuel line from the fuel pump going to the fuel filter, INSIDE THE TANK, had worn a hole where it had rubbed up against a support bracket causing a lack of fuel to the injectors. I watched a very good video on YOU TUBE showing how to remove the fuel pump and gas level sending unit from the tank and replaced the fuel filter, fuel supply line from the pump to the filter, and the line coming from the fuel filter going to where the external fuel line connects on the bottom of the tank. Not really a SIMPLE fix, but not really THAT difficult either, especially if you watch a couple of instructional videos.
Posted on Nov 28, 2015
Sounds like you've got a fuel problem somewhere. Loosen your gas cap and ride down the road. Don't take the cap completely off, just loosen it. The tank vent in the cap may be stopped up. As the bike uses fuel from the tank, a vacuum builds up and eventually, the fuel will not flow. If you let the bike sit for a while, air gradually gets into the tank and the internal pressure of the tank normalizes. Try it, it don't cost anything.
Otherwise, since your bike is fuel injected, a dealer is your next stop.
Posted on Aug 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i have a 2003 ultra classic my riding lights keep blowing the fuse it wont do it sitting in the garage i have gone thru the wiring harnessing looking for the short fixed many things but still have the problem the turn signals work the brake lights still work so where do i look
Posted on Jun 30, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2014 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
May 28, 2014 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
May 19, 2013 | Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Mar 31, 2013 | 2009 Harley Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic...
Dec 02, 2012 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Aug 06, 2012 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Mar 12, 2012 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Sep 24, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 03, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Nov 30, 2008 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...
1,080 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: