Question about Honda CR 250 R Motorcycles
I have a 94 cr250 that will not start and backfires while you are kicking it, I was riding the bike when it just shut off and wouldn't fire back up, I have spark fuel and air, but now it backfires and has low compression about 118 psi. dry . but have a piston and ring kit on the way and just replaced the reed , pulled off the stator cover and found about 1/4 cup of oil ! I think it's a timing issue, but what about the oil , how did it get there and what do I need to do to fix both backfire and oil problem ? Thanks !
Hi, Kmonroe8269 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
1986 CR500 Won Start just backfires
Bike won start just turns over and backfires Any ideas CBR Forum...
CR250 2002 2003 pdf
Honda CR250R Owner Manual Competition Handbook
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 26, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
2 stroke bike are very dependent on compression. and being a bike that is 12 years old my best educated guess is that the top end needs to be rebuilt. i usually have to have the top end done on my honda about every three years.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
Look around the exhaust where it comes out of the cylinder, if the are any cracks or leaks this will cause your problem.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
SOURCE: My 1984 xr250r needs help!
well you can do the idle and maybe fiddle with the mixture screw right on the carb will be a screw and idle screw you need to turn this in 1/4 of a turn at a time with the bike running until it idle ok and the mixture screw you simply just fiddle with this turn it all the way in and unscrew it 2 turn and try this get back to me if not ok
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2017 | Honda CR 250 R Motorcycles
Feb 11, 2013 | 2002 Honda CR 250 R
Nov 20, 2012 | 2002 Honda CR 250 R
Mar 04, 2012 | 2002 Honda CR 250 R
Apr 02, 2010 | 2003 Honda CR 250 R
Feb 14, 2010 | 2002 Honda CR 250 R
Jun 28, 2009 | 2005 Honda CR 250 R
Apr 15, 2009 | 2002 Honda CR 250 R
286 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: