Question about 2002 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide

1 Answer

What are the seals under the twin cam covers called

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 4,565 Answers

I'm not sure which covers you are talking about. Now, there is a difference in seals, gaskets, and O-rings, all of which are used in that area. Go to this site and take a look at the engine diagrams there. Maybe this will help. But, these are not original H-D numbers on the parts or gaskets.

Good Luck

Posted on Aug 03, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to replace valve sels on 1997 satur twin cam dohc otor

remove the rocker cover and remove the cam shafts then fit new seals , get a good work shop manual for step by step guide

Oct 11, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Refill twin cam oil on 2007 dyno street bob

Your oil tank is under the transmission, so I'll use this illustration:

Start at the Transmission End Cover (the one that says "SIX SPEED" stamped on it).
Directly at 9 o'clock on the cover is a screw.
Straight up from that screw is a chrome plug with an Allen wrench hole. This is where you fill the TRANSMISSION fluid.

Straight back from that is a chrome cap with the finger grooves in it.
THIS is where you fill the ENGINE OIL.

BOTH caps have an attached dipstick for checking the fluid level.

Apr 06, 2014 | 1996 Daelim VS 125

1 Answer

Where do i find spark plugs on a 1992 subaru legacy

if it's a twin overhead cam plugs can be found under a cover in centre of rocker cover

Sep 23, 2012 | 1992 Subaru Legacy

1 Answer

Oil has gotten to my stater and has ran out of the stater plug, How can I fix it

If it is just leaking a little, remove the primary cover. Push the stator plug into the primary housing. Clean the plug and hole it goes into with brake cleaner. Apply black silicone to the outside of the stator plug and push back into the hole. Replace the primary cover, and after the silicone is dry, refill the primary. If oil is leaking alot, and the bike is a Twin Cam, check to make sure vent hose on the trans top cover isn't plugged. Twin Cam primaries vent through the trans and if the vent hose is plugged, oil will be under pressure in the primary and force itself out around the stator plug.

Jul 31, 2012 | Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king...

1 Answer

Need picks and location of spark plugs and boots on twin cam 1999 pontac grand-am

There are 4 bolts on the 2.4 Twin Cam cover on top of the engine. I believe they are 13mm. Remove them, and pull the cover up and off. Under there are the spark plugs. And you will see the ignition system connected as one with the cover.

There are no spark plug wires.
You'll find springs inside of insulator 'boots' when you get in there.

see this picsodeep_1.jpg

Jun 18, 2011 | 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT

2 Answers

How do I find out if my 1999 Lanos is a twin cam or single?

you can read it in the manual, or if your familiar with the engine parts remove the cylinder head cover, you'll seethe valves and cams, then you'll know if its single or twin... but i think its a twin cam... if im not mistaken...

Mar 31, 2011 | 1999 Daewoo Lanos

1 Answer

On driverside of engine, oil leaking out around where I call the back cam ( one closet to firewall) at end. I am talking about opposite end from timing belt on engine. If I removed cap ( w/two star screws...

That seal typically comes with a pack that includes all the cam bearing seals and the valve covers seals. It very easy to replace. Remove the valve cover and discard the old seal, remove the old cam shaft bearing cap seals. Replace the bearing cap seals and the valve cover seal and replace the cap and cover. Tighten the bolts to about 30 lbs and that should resolve the problem.

Feb 17, 2011 | 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

Machine Elna Supermatic 722010 When I sew with a single cam all works properly the problem comes with any twin cam, the upper cam follower has a spring holding it away from the cam, how do I get the upper...

tally_girl_2.jpg I don't suppose it would be so simple as setting the wheel inside the elnagraph to "A" to engage the automatic stitches? I've done it myself once or twice LOL.

Mar 29, 2010 | Elna Heirloom Edition 6005

1 Answer


on single cam engine its inlet manifold side just behind cam gear rear cover bolted into cam box cover
twin cam its behind cams in middle front of engine in centre of rocker cover remove cover over h.t.leads this one is eazy but tricky due to bolt inside cam belt cover

Jun 28, 2009 | 1999 Daewoo Lanos

Not finding what you are looking for?
2002 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide Logo

37 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Harley Davidson Experts

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

5055 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4354 Answers


Level 3 Expert

81285 Answers

Are you a Harley Davidson Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides