Question about 1984 Honda NS 250 R
My ns125 jc20 model will not fire, she makes the sound like she is going to fire, and won't even bump start, the battery is at 12.5 volts. the fuel pump at the back doesn't seem to be pumping the oil into the carb. @
Hi, Anthony and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
NSR 125 Won start
Nsr 125 No Spark
Honda NSR 125 jc20 service manual
Honda NSR 150 SP Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 15, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Well first of, I hope you made sure that you correctly installed the rings. The rings have to be in properly in order to get good compression.The color of the smoke can help to diagnose the problem. If it is smoking and its been very close to the time of the last engine repair there is a possibility that lubricants and what not are being burned. Good luck and remember to always look at the manual.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2013 | Motorcycles
Feb 21, 2013 | 1991 Honda Accord
Jan 28, 2013 | Honda Accord Cars & Trucks
Feb 05, 2018 | Honda CR-V Cars & Trucks
Sep 13, 2011 | 1995 Honda Civic
Sep 08, 2011 | 1997 Honda Passport
Jun 09, 2010 | 1996 Honda Accord
Mar 13, 2010 | 2000 Honda NSR 125
Sep 24, 2009 | 1985 Honda XL 125 R
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: