Question about Yamaha V Star Classic Motorcycles
Hi, Cyndi563 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking.
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Intake air leak.
10. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
11. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
12. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
13. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
14. Damaged carburetor.
15. Incorrect valve timing.
16. Weak or broken valve springs.
17. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Motorcycle Message Board Motorcycle USA
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jun 13, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2014 | 2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Apr 18, 2014 | 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300 Base
Oct 28, 2013 | Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Cars & Trucks
Feb 26, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha V Star Custom
Sep 20, 2012 | 1997 Saturn SL
May 03, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Aug 27, 2010 | 1984 Mercedes-Benz 190
Jun 02, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet Camaro
Feb 18, 2009 | 2000 Honda Accord
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: