Question about 2005 Piaggio Zip SP
My drive belt split up when I was driving. Right after my Piaggio zip started when I tried it. But after some minutes the scooter just drowned. After I cleaned the variator and changed the driving belt it is the same problem. It doesn't start''! I have checked my spark plug, and this is ok. My air filter is also clean! Some other things I should check? sorry the place I posted this, but I don`t know where I should place it:s
Hi, Mrvalvik and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Piaggio Zip 50cc wont start 2Stroke
Scooter Troubleshooting Scooter won start All about Scooters
PIAGGIO ZIP 50 2T User Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jul 04, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: piaggio zip scooter not starting
take the spark plug out and put a bit of petrol in the cylinder head, quickly put the spark plug back on and turn it over this should start it so try reving it and it should run fine after that but if it starts and cuts out when you rev it the first time put a bit more petrol in the cylinder head the next time. i did this and it works fine now :)
Posted on Jan 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2018 | 2011 Piaggio Zip 50
Nov 07, 2017 | 2009 Piaggio Fly 50
Mar 19, 2017 | Piaggio Motorcycles
Jan 08, 2016 | 2008 Piaggio Fly 125
Jul 20, 2014 | Motorcycles
May 22, 2017 | 2005 Piaggio Zip 50
Aug 24, 2017 | 2008 Piaggio Zip 50
Jul 02, 2011 | Piaggio MachG LC Motorcycles
Sep 21, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Terca Portege USB...
Sep 20, 2009 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: