Question about 2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Hi, Tom and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark.
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP sensor.
9. Intake air leak.
10. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
11. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
12. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
13. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
14. Damaged carburetor.
15. Incorrect valve timing.
16. Weak or broken valve springs.
17. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
18. Check for engine trouble codes
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
OEM parts for Yamaha
low rpm misfire coils plugs HELP
04 R1 2600 km Rough idle missing between 1000 2500 RPM
Posted on Sep 02, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
could be. I had a 91 kx 250 that was acting crazy and it turned out to be the stator and cdi box. you can check the stator easly with a omes meter but the cdi box is nearly impossible to check. you pretty much have to buy a new one and try it. also check to see if your power valve is working.
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
SOURCE: banshee wont rev
Usually related to TORS, specifically the safety switch in the clutch/park brake assembly. If it's defective the engine won't rev. Solution: look for a TORS removal kit.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
99 yzf r1 hit in back tire fell over and eversince makes a pinging noise when i release the clutch but when i pull it in it stops,the pinging noise sounds like its comming from the front maybe "carb" anyways theres no horsepower so i changed my plugs and oil still no fix can anyone tell me whats wrong with it
Posted on Nov 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2015 | 1997 Mitsubishi Montero
Aug 11, 2015 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Mar 14, 2017 | 1995 Ford Mustang
Jun 10, 2011 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
May 15, 2010 | 2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
Nov 22, 2009 | 1997 Ford Escort
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: