Question about 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Honda 125 Innova anf 04 carb type misfire at tickover Innova runs well driving, but misfires badly at tickover, and sometimes it cuts out especially after initial starting from cold. when the bike warms up it seems to even out.starting from cold with full choke the bike starts instantly, but as soon as I start to ease the choke off it wants to cut out, so I have to play around with the choke before I can get it to run with the choke off. after all, this messing about and the engine gets warmer, she runs fine.could I adjust the mixture by moving the throttle needle up or down? depending on plug color, sooty rich or chocolate brown. in my case, it leans towards wet rich. my model is carb type with electrics attached. also are these carb electrics for petrol metering. thanks, des. @
Hi, Desobrien and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Carburetor has oil in the bowl due to excessive oil in pre-mix.
14. Carburetor vacuum diaphragm torn, cracked, not seated or installed improperly.
15. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
16. Fuel filter clogged.
17. Old or contaminated fuel.
18. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
19. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
20. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
21. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
22. Incorrect valve timing.
23. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
24. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
25. Incompatible performance parts.
26. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
27. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Symptoms of Lean or Rich carb settings on motorcycle
rough idle CBR Forum Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners https://haynes.com/en-gb/honda-anf125-innova-scooter-03-12-haynes-repair-manual $20
Honda ANF125 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 15, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Keeping all of the parts together, making sure the chain is tight when you put the rim back on, adding enough air to pop the bead back into place. thats about it
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
the jetting should not be a problem, perhaps the air cleaner element is dirty or the element even if it looks ok sometimes needs a new one, the smaller motors often rely on the right intake vacumn through the filter for the carbs to work as designed
Posted on May 22, 2010
Testimonial: "yeah i did that and it made an instant difference.thanks again fixya. des obrien"
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2014 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Mar 25, 2014 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Oct 27, 2012 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
May 05, 2012 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Mar 19, 2012 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Dec 03, 2010 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Aug 11, 2010 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
May 10, 2010 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Apr 21, 2010 | 2006 Honda ANF125 Innova
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
276 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: