Question about 1999 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
No light on start up and none while running.
Hi, Rvheusen if your headlight is not working, only one beam works, keeps burning out, blinking, or is dim the first thing you need to check is the headlight bulb for damaged filaments then check your light circuit fuse, then check your head light bulb socket ground wire for a clean tight connection, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty ground or power supply wire to headlight bulb socket.
2. Worn down solder contacts or loose fit of the bulb base in the socket due to vibration.
3. Worn, chaffed, or broken wires in the light circuit.
4. Corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets in wire connectors.
5. Faulty hi/lo beam switch.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Fuse is good but no continuity on both sides.
8. Faulty headlight relay.
9. Faulty wiring between battery positive and headlight bulb socket.
10. Weak charging alternator/generator.
11. Faulty voltage regulator/rectifier ground or overcharging.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Lighting Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base
Yamaha XVS1100 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVS1100 Owner Manual
Posted on May 28, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 10, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 17, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 10, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 02, 2014 | 1998 Lincoln Town Car
Nov 30, 2014 | 1998 Ford Expedition
Jun 26, 2010 | Motorcycles
Oct 17, 2009 | 2005 Victory 8-Ball
Sep 03, 2009 | 1985 Chevrolet Chevy
Apr 27, 2008 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
Jun 22, 2018 | Motorcycles
124 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: