Question about 1987 Honda XR 250 R
My motorcycle will not stay running after it heats up and running for awhile
Hi, Rrheston your bike starts great when cold but once it reaches operating temperature and the engine is shut off for a few minutes then you try to restart it and it will turn over but will not fire or it doesn't do anything, the usual suspects are:
1. When electronics get hot they build up resistance then stop working. It might be an ignition coil, stator, CDI unit etc. First, you must find out if the spark dies out. When the bike won't start, pull a plug wire off, stick a new spark plug in the end and ground the threads on bare metal while someone cranks the engine over. You should see a nice big blue spark between the spark plug gap. Incorrect spark plug gap will cause or contribute to a no start when hot issue.
2. Fuel Tuners have been known to cause this type of problem, disconnect it and see if resolves the issue.
3. Any engine management sensor could be faulty especially the ones that monitor temperature.
4. Gas cap not venting properly, improperly routed fuel lines they must always go down from the gas tank to the carburetor never in any kind of a loop this will cause a vapor lock. Clogged, bent, kinked, pinched or restricted carburetor vent lines will do the same.
5. Overhead camshaft valves adjusted too tight when cold, this will cause loss of compression when hot, except for pushrod engines they usually get looser when hot.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
XR250R wont start PLEASE HELP
Honda XR250R Service Manual
Honda XR250R Owner Manual
Posted on Jul 22, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2017 | Ruud Heating & Cooling
Dec 19, 2013 | Dayton Gas Furnace Heater
Dec 24, 2012 | 1998 Acura CL
Jul 05, 2011 | 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300
Here is a tip that I wrote about heating circulator pump problems.
It will give you the information you need to learn about your circulator pump problems and solutions for it.
Dec 17, 2010 | Slant Fin Slant/Fin 2 Gallon Humidifier
May 20, 2010 | Motorcycles
Apr 20, 2010 | Kenmore 72802 Gas Dryer
Dec 21, 2008 | Carrier XHB123D X/Y Series Heat/Cool Air...
Jul 16, 2008 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: