Question about 2003 Honda STX 1300 Pan European
Fuel pump not starting upon turning the key to on @
Hi, Rolf_stuber the following is a systematic procedure for diagnosing fuel pump issues designed to keep "DRACHMA" to a minimum. If you need parts check with Amazon and eBay first to keep costs down.
1. If your pump does not turn on check the pump fuse and relay and all wiring including connectors for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
1. Normal fuel pump pressure is 3-5 PSI.
2. Check any rubber or plastic tubing for age-related pinholes by removing and plugging the ends that connect to the fuel valve and then turn on the ignition switch and watch for fuel streams exiting the pinholes, if any exist, replace tubing as necessary.
3. Check for a clogged a primary fuel filter that comes off the bottom of the pump to screen out big rocks and clean as necessary.
4. Check for a clogged secondary fuel filter that's outside if applicable by removing it from the system and replace it with a short splicing tube turn on the ignition switch and recheck fuel pressure if pressure increases to normal pressure you need a new secondary filter.
5. If all the above check out OK and the pump is not functioning properly then you need a new fuel pump.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Thread Fuel pump refusing to prime pump
Fuel Pump won prime
Honda 2003 ST1300 Service Manual
Honda 2003 ST1300lA Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 18, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
souns possible that the pads have become glazed a very light abrasive to the pad face should help wearing pads in on bikes is never the same and it depends on the type of pad you use the higher friction copper based are the better and worth looking into as they last longer and protect the disk also hope this helps you
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
SOURCE: Honda CR-V Will Not Start
Yes, definitely check the wiring to the BAT terminal of the starter, check for an open or bad ground in the starter. The latter has to be done with the engine cranking.
Your problem is a little different. It sounds like a fuel delivery problem.
Check for a weak fuel pump (fuel pressure and fuel volume tests)
Check for a faulty fuel pressure regulator.
Check for a restricted fuel filter. (usually also a lack of power)
Check for a faulty fuel pump check valve.
Posted on May 21, 2009
1991 honda accords had a recall on the ignition control module this in the distributor more commonly known as the igniter. call a honda dealer with your vin number and they will tell you yours has been replaced or not. Mine was so had to to buy one at auto parts store for $60 .kinda expensive for this little chip with 4 wires.
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2013 | 2008 Honda STX 1300 Pan European ABS
Jan 06, 2013 | 2006 Honda STX 1300 Pan European ABS
Jan 31, 2012 | 2004 Honda STX 1300 Pan European
Aug 21, 2011 | 2004 Honda STX 1300 Pan European
Jan 02, 2011 | 2003 Honda STX 1300 Pan European
Apr 10, 2010 | 2008 Honda STX 1300 Pan European ABS
Aug 22, 2009 | 2008 Honda STX 1300 Pan European ABS
May 14, 2009 | 2006 Honda STX 1300 Pan European ABS
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: