Question about 2000 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Hi, Firewalke610 and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Honda shadow exhaust leak backfiring fix
Honda VT600C Owner Manual
Posted on Jul 17, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
VT1100 has two spark plugs per cylinder, the sparkplug caps are snap-ons so they're fairly easy to remove. You need a spark plug socket wrench to remove and replace the spark plugs.
Posted on May 18, 2009
Clamps rite on frame at radiator.mounting hardware should come with bar.put rubber patch on frame to protect custom frame paint.
Posted on Mar 22, 2010
It is always a good idea to remove a battery from any machine when charging. If it is a lead acid type, Hydrogen gas is given off when charging, and all it takes is a spark(when working with the connections)... and then there is a fire/explosion... and this could go badly for you. I have seen this happen in a brand new car.
If you are prepared to risk it, the least, you need to do is fully disconnect the battery. However, I strongly recommend removing the battery for charging. That way you are working safe,and doing the charge devoid of risk. Happy to answer any questions you may have about this. Cheers
Posted on Apr 18, 2010
Testimonial: "very helpful"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 26, 2015 | 2005 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Oct 08, 2012 | 2000 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Sep 06, 2012 | 2000 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Apr 30, 2012 | 2000 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
Apr 15, 2012 | 2000 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
May 12, 2010 | 1999 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
May 05, 2010 | 2003 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
May 23, 2009 | 1996 Honda VT 600 C Shadow
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: