Question about 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Hi, Billywrobins and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
11. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Fuel tank empty.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
17. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
18. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
19. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2006 VTX 1300C Cutting out please help
Honda VTX1300S Service Manual
Honda VTX1300C VTX 2004 Owner Manual
Posted on Oct 26, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you have used Dyno jet kit I have had a kit come through with smaller main jets than the stock ones causing it to run way to lean.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
your pilot jets may need to be replaced as your engine is using them at low & idle speeds,not sure if you can obtain them though
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
hi buddy its simple one is the idle and the over is the air mixture screw just turn it all the way in and unscrew it so many turns (says this in manual eg 2 turns out ) get back to me if not right
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
Testimonial: "Helpful: Pointed me in the right direction. Thanks"
I have the same problem !! I just put on Jardine shotgun pipes and they have caused the bike to back fire!! Does it need to be rejetted or do I need to adjust the pilot screw?/
Posted on Mar 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 15, 2013 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Oct 12, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
Oct 10, 2009 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Oct 05, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 C
Jun 05, 2009 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Jun 01, 2009 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Mar 30, 2009 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: