Question about 2008 Honda CBR 600 RR
2007 honda cbr600rr turning over but won't start plenty of gas fuel injector is on battery is good bike is in neutral
Hi, Erinaudrey and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Bike Won Start HELP
What Do Check When My Motorcycle Won Start Honda Shadow Forums Shadow...
2007 2009 Honda CBR600RR Service Manual Moto Data Project
Honda CB Owners Manuals
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 20, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check for a blocked airbox vent, sometime we put things under the seat that will cover the airbox inlet which will automatically make the bike run extremely rich and all that needs to be done is to remove the paper or gloves or whatever there is blocking the inlet snorkel. You may also want to check for tight intake valves too. That is classic Honda, tight valves will cause a rich mixture all the time if it is the intake valves making the problem.
Please let me know if this works, if not give me more specific data and I will better assist you.
Posted on Dec 07, 2008
HESD stands for Honda Electronic Steering Damper. The indicator light is telling you there may be a problem with the system. The procedure for testing the system is as follows (perform without the engine running):
Raise and support the front of the bike. Move the steering back and forth several times and make a mental note of the feel, this is at minimum damping.
1. Lower the side stand
2. Shift transmission into a gear other than neutral.
3. Open the throttle fully.
4. Turn the ignition switch on while maintaining steps 1-3.
The HESD icon on the LCD display should start blinking ( If not, start over ).
For the next 10 seconds, the ECM will set the HESD to maximum damping ( full-stiff ). Compare this to minimum damping. If there is no change, replace the HESD unit.
NOTE: This test will not work if the Malfunction Indicator Lamp has indicated a problem exists in the PGM-DSFI ( MIL is flashing ).
Posted on Nov 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2018 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 11, 2017 | 2007 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 11, 2017 | 2007 Honda CBR 600 RR
Jan 06, 2013 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Jul 05, 2012 | 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR
Jun 28, 2012 | 2008 Honda CBR 600 RR
May 31, 2012 | 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
Feb 15, 2011 | 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Jun 27, 2010 | 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
Feb 27, 2010 | 2008 Honda CBR 600 RR
Jul 09, 2018 | Motorcycles
423 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: