Question about 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Hi, Gsimone44 and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
10. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
11. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Yamaha YZF R6T Supplementary Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 28, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it sounds to me like you have a faulty terminal, check voltage reading to the relay from battery pos terminal, now push and hold button and recheck on same terminal, if it stays at around 12volts check terminal on other side of relay it this is lower significantly than first side replace again with new relay. of both terminals voltage drops you have faulty battery.
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
This is an involved process and an expensive tool, you might want to reconsider and pay your trusted mech to do it. If i'm wrong and you love to work on things yourself w/quite a bit of mechanical skill then i apologize and will tell you to google " motorcycle carb sync tool" you should get more responses than you can read...Good Luck to you
Posted on May 08, 2009
SOURCE: new key for yamaha r6 2006
Go to your local locksmith mate. If you have lost your key he will probably want you to remove the ignition switch and bring it in to him...ask first !....Good Luck to you friend....Tim
Posted on May 11, 2009
could be a safety shutdown by computer, only your dealer can erase the code....and then you'll find out whats wrong...and why the computer doesn't want you starting and damaging the bike.......Good Luck to you friend....Tim
Posted on May 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2014 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jun 02, 2013 | Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar Motorcycles
Apr 03, 2013 | 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jan 05, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jun 19, 2012 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
Mar 06, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Feb 26, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jun 26, 2011 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jul 04, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 02, 2010 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
92 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: