Question about 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Hi, Davidporoniu and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Faulty fuel pump.
15. Faulty pressure regulator.
16. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
17. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below and for more specific information or questions at no charge please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
YZF750 1040 Thunderace
Bikes cutting out at High RPM
Yamaha YZF1000RJ Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA YZF1000R Owner Manual
Posted on Jun 10, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It is NOT a direct bolt in by any means. If you have enough time money and talent, anything can be made to fit but if you are looking for something to bolt up and go, that is NOT it. TOTALLY different cases.
Posted on Nov 06, 2009
Testimonial: "thanks very helpful"
there is two cables which connect to a servo at the top ,the bottom fits to a ex up valve in the downpipe ,undo the cover on the exhaust down pipe and unclip the cabe ends,you will have to loosen the ajustment nuts to be able to unclip them,
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2014 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Aug 15, 2012 | 1999 Yamaha YZF-R1
Feb 25, 2012 | 1995 Yamaha FZR 1000
Oct 02, 2011 | 1996 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Jul 15, 2011 | Yamaha NC 110 Motorcycles
Apr 06, 2011 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Mar 01, 2011 | 1995 Yamaha FZR 1000
Feb 18, 2010 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
Jan 03, 2010 | 2006 Yamaha YZF-R1
Oct 06, 2009 | 1997 Yamaha YZF Thunder ace 1000 R
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: