Question about 1990 Yamaha TZR 250
Hi, Shawnw662 before testing any electrical component in the Starting System it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
TZR 250 WON START
What Do Check When My Motorcycle Won Start Honda Shadow Forums Shadow...
Yamaha TZR250 1987 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jun 11, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2015 | 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Sep 06, 2014 | 2012 Piaggio Fly 50 4V
Apr 14, 2013 | 2000 GMC Safari
Aug 14, 2011 | 1993 Yamaha FZR 600
May 28, 2017 | 2002 Honda CBR 954 RR Fireblade
May 16, 2010 | Motorcycles
Feb 27, 2010 | Craftsman 21 Hp 42" Deck, Ys 4500 Lawn...
Sep 05, 2008 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
Jul 26, 2008 | 2000 Ford Escort
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: