Question about 1997 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S
- Take the seat off.
- Unscrew the two bolts holding the back of the tank.
- Remove (unscrew) the petcock handle.
- Lift the back of the tank. I'm not sure the air filter can be accessed without removing the whole tank. If you have to remove it, it just slides back and up - there are no screws in the front of the tank. Pay attention not to disconnect the hoses/wires if you are just lifting the tank, or disconnect them all if you have to take the tank off.
- Unscrew and remove the battery cover if necessary.
- Unscrew the airbox cover (two screws in top corners).
- Pull the airbox cover back and remove it. It's held at the lower end by two plastic "teeth" - no screws.
- Remove the old filter and put in the new one.
- Put everything back in reverse order.
Refer to the microfiche above for parts layout. This is a simple procedure that shouldn't take more than 30 minutes even with tank removal.
Posted on May 26, 2010
How do you replace the rear disc brake pads on a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200 S?
Posted on May 15, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: suzuki gsf 1200 s bandit
Christmas comes early. Go to the site below and you can download a free PDF service manual. Yours is the 1st one in the "Suzuki GSF" section of the list. 4 or 5 below that is a PDF parts diagram with part numbers.
http://www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp Most manuals are in English but some are not. There is no way to be sure without doing the download. You can always delete it if in a foreign language.
Top rating due for this answer! Thanks Asel :)
Posted on May 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 13, 2012 | 1997 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit N
Mar 14, 2010 | 1997 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S
Jan 28, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S
Jan 05, 2010 | 2004 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S
May 08, 2009 | 1997 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S
Aug 07, 2013 | 1997 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S
2,547 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: