A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Anonymous proper air filter maintenance at regularly scheduled intervals is essential for maximum horsepower and performance. It should be noted that significantly free flowing air filters may require carburetor re-jetting and tuning.
Below are the most common air filters and how they should be serviced and maintained:
1. Paper Element Filters, this type of filter is most common in less expensive motorcycles and scooters and are usually replaced at regularly scheduled maintenance, however, if they appear to be in good condition and have only normal dust and dirt on the outside they can be cleaned and re-used by using metered compressed air light enough as to not damage the paper and blow away the surface contaminants.
2. Wire Mesh Filters, these are probably the best as they are strong and extremely free-flowing, re-usable and are easy to maintain. Maintenance of these filters starts by soaking them in a commercial air filter cleaning solution or a mixture of Dawn Dishwashing Soap and water for 30 minutes, rinsing the filter in hot water, shaking out the excess water and letting it air dry for 1-2 hours. Air filter oil is optional depending on the amount of blow by your engine normally produces. If you elect to use air filter oil only a minor dusting is required.
3. Foam Filters, this type is very popular as they are easy to clean but they can easily deteriorate with age or improper cleaning solutions ie: oil-based parts cleaning solvent. They usually require a dusting of air filter oil to keep contaminants from embedding further inside the filter.
In my humble opinion, K&N filters are probably best on the market, they offer a cleaning solution kit, the proper weight air filter oil and being a discerning enthusiast I use K&N products in all my cars and bikes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day. How to Service Kawasaki Foam Air Filters Kawasaki KLE 500 Service and Thoughts Part1 Kawasaki KLE500 Service Manual OEM Parts for Kawasaki http://mybikemanuals.com/kawasaki/kawasaki-kl-owners-manuals
DID THE ER ENGINE RUN BEFORE?.ARE YOU GETING A SPARK AT THE PLUG? YOU MUST REMOVE THE ORIGINAL GENERATOR AND OR TIMING GEAR FROM THE OLD ENGINE AND FIT IT TO THE ER ENGINE,CHECK ALL WIREING IS CONNECTED CORRECTLY INC EARTH WIRES, ANY OTHER HELP FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME