Question about 2000 kawasaki ZX-12R
Zx12r 2000 model f1 light comes on intermittently then engine runs rough @
Hi, James13279 it should be noted that the reasons your FI light stays on constantly or flashes and your bike will or will not start and may turn over or not, these conditions will vary from bike to bike depending on the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work done to the bike or an abnormal event occurrence IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying the bike down/crashes, rain storms/bike washings just before FI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin. The newer the bike the more sensitive the ECM becomes and will not let the bike start when aftermarket accessories have been installed without being reprogrammed. That being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. A discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty safety switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
6. Installation of aftermarket accessories ie. exhaust systems, mufflers, air cleaners, fuel tuners, electrical component etc.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Kawasaki Fault Codes
Kawasaki Ninja ZX 12R Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Posted on Mar 20, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
What it is saying is not f1. It is saying Fl >>> Fuel Injection. The injection sensors have detected a problem in the system. The problem could be anything from a dirty air filter to a fuel mapping error in the computer system. A dealer can hook up a code reader to see what the exact problem is.
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
SOURCE: the fi light is flashing
FI stands for Fuel Injection. The fuel system sensors have detected a problem. It could be anything > a dirty air filter restricting airflow, a plugged injector, an error in fuel mapping, any number of things. Serious problems can trigger the computer to prevent starting until the problem is fixed. You will need to take the bike to a Kawasaki dealer to have them plug in a code reader. The code reader will tell you exactly what the problem is. Please rate my answer. Thanks.
Posted on Aug 18, 2010
SOURCE: i have a kawaski zx12r
could be a bad bulb, a bad fuse, or a bad wire connection. check fuse, then make sure wire didn't come off. it they are both ok, check the filiment in bulb to make sure it didn't break.
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2017 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-12R
May 04, 2016 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-12R
Sep 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 17, 2014 | 2005 kawasaki ZX-12R
Dec 22, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 06, 2013 | 2000 Ford Windstar
Mar 16, 2013 | 2000 Dodge Stratus
Mar 06, 2013 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-12R
Sep 24, 2012 | 2000 Chevrolet Venture
192 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: