Question about 2004 Yamaha YZ 125
Hi, Lissahere and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC,or BAS).
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box if applicable.
17. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
18. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Dirt Rider Magazine
yz 125 wont start
YAMAHA YZ125 Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jul 19, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
2 stroke bike are very dependent on compression. and being a bike that is 12 years old my best educated guess is that the top end needs to be rebuilt. i usually have to have the top end done on my honda about every three years.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
Pull the carb off the bike and clean it inside and out. Be sure main jet is clear. Remove the two screws on the outside throat of the carb and spray into the screw holes as well. Be sure to put these two screws back in the same hole they came out of. IMPORTANT > > > do not tighten these two screws down. Only screw these in until they LIGHTLY seat. Now turn each screw one and one half turns outward.
Put the rest of the carb back together and install the carb. Turn the gas on to let the float bowl fill then start the engine. Chances are this will fix the problem. I suggest that you install an in-line fuel filter to prevent this happening again.
Last item> You should have just a little bit of slack in the throttle cable where it goes into the top of the carb. Not more than 1/16". Let me know how things turn out.
Please rate this solution as " FixYa " if all goes well. Thanks
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
You have a 50/50 chance that they will work okay. All the mounting holes need to line up and the cooling holes as well. Get a head gasket for the '98 and see if all lines up. Will the exhaust pipe fit the '95?
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
You know aluminum can be welded very successfully now, so best bet is to remove that case and take it in to a good welder..You can ry the quick fix (JB Weld) is what i recommend, but success is rare !....good luck to you my friend...Tim
Posted on May 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2013 | Boyesen Yamaha Yz125 Rad Valve Yz 125 1994
Mar 14, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 125
Mar 03, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Jun 03, 2010 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
May 26, 2010 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Jan 31, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 125
Mar 23, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Jan 12, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: