Question about 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 T
Hi, David444 the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or damaged battery, 9 volts or lower.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
11. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
12. Fuel tank empty.
13. Gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
14. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Bike Not Starting
Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 1998 2000 Service Repair Manual
Cagiva GRAND CANYON 900 2000 parts OEM Motorparts
Posted on Dec 31, 2015
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2014 | 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 T
Jan 10, 2014 | 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 T
Nov 12, 2013 | 2007 Bajaj Pulsar 150
Jun 27, 2013 | 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 T
Dec 18, 2012 | 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 T
Apr 04, 2012 | 2006 Cagiva Canyon 500
Feb 28, 2012 | 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 T
Sep 18, 2011 | 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon 900 T
Dec 19, 2010 | 1998 Cagiva Canyon 500
116 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: