Question about 2003 kawasaki KX 125
Same way you do on a car. remove the wheel, take the caliper unit off and replace the pads.
1) Put the bike on a milk crate or a bike jack stand
2) Take off the front wheel, the axle comes off like a large bolt
3) Remove the caliper unit from the disc, probably allen wrenches will be needed or at least metric wrenches
4) The pads will come out with a little of force and removing the retaining springs. Take note of how the springs are attached to the pads and caliper unit. You will have to re-assemble the caliper and pads and springs
5) use a C-Clamp to push the piston back into the caliper unit. After you get the caliper unit off of the bike you'll see what I mean. Probably a 6" c-Clamp will work
6) Check the disc for wear and tear. You might have to replace the disc.
7) put new pads into the caliper and attach springs. Take your time, putting the pad springs back on may be tougher than you think.
8) reassemble the caliper and the disc.
9) Put the wheel back on and squeeze the brake. Remember you used a c-clamp to push the piston all the way back into the caliper unit. Squeezing the brake will force the piston out and push the pads against the disc.
10) Time to TEST DRIVE the bike. Go slow and check for wobble or uneven braking. If needed retighten the caliper unit, just don't over tighten the caliper and strip the threads.
Hope this helps....
Posted on Dec 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 19, 2013 | 2004 Buick Century
Sep 02, 2012 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHT - FLHTI Electra...
Aug 05, 2011 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Apr 12, 2011 | Volkswagen Polo Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2010 | Audi A6 Cars & Trucks
Jun 21, 2010 | 2001 kawasaki KMX 125
Nov 27, 2009 | 2002 Kia Sportage
Oct 05, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
Apr 23, 2009 | 2001 Nissan Quest
293 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: