Question about 1997 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
At the end of the gear lever ( the part that attaches to the pivot ) there is a ( usually ) size 10 (metric) bolt, unscrew it and you will have released the lever pull it out gently and adjust to your foot's delight !! After that just screw the bolt back on.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2017 | 2004 kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Nomad
May 05, 2014 | 1997 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Jul 28, 2012 | 2003 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
Nov 14, 2011 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 27, 2011 | Pontiac Sunfire Cars & Trucks
Welcome to FixYa.com
1. Remove air cleaner and air intake hose assembly.
2. Remove center dash trim panel.
3. Remove center console cup holder assembly.
4. Remove floor console assembly.
5. Remove console side panels.
6. Remove Transmission Control Module ftMJ bracket.
1. Remove TCM.
8. Remove shifter cable from transaxle operating lever by removing nut and clip.
9. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever assembly by removing clip.
10. Remove shifter cable from shifter lever mechanism.
11. Remove cable from firewall grommet by removing grommet assembly nuts.
12. Remove gearshift cable from vehicle.
Lift and rotate the gearshift hand lever into the park (F9 gate position and remove the ignition
key. This confirms the shift lever is in the gated park (F9 position.
After confirming the park gate position. turn the ignition switch . If the starter will operate. the
park gate position is correct. Move the shift lever into the neutral (NJ position. If the starter
will operate in this position, the linkage is properly adjusted. If the starter fails to operate in
either position, linkage adjustment is required.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in park (F9 gate position and remove key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle operating lever.
4. Pull the transaxle operating lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park lock. Reset the park
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 Nm (10 inch Ibs.J. Gearshift cable should now be
1. Check adjustment by usinq the precedinq procedure.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your Master Technician FixYa Expert
Jan 31, 2011 | 1997 Chrysler Sebring
Jun 27, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FXST Softail Standard
May 29, 2010 | Harley Davidson FXST - FXSTI Softail...
Apr 21, 2010 | 2000 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic...
Oct 09, 2009 | kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Meanstreak...
Apr 21, 2014 | 1997 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
361 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: