Question about 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King Classic

1 Answer

2008 road king classic, has 2 toggle switches on upper triple tree, the right side is for fog/driving lights, what is the left side for?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 31 Answers

It is for any thing you may wont to add like extra lighting or 12volt power. They are usually just wired with a hot wire in and a plug or post for you to add a 12v line to assory

Posted on Sep 13, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do i splice into wiring harness for extra toggle switch on harley flhr?

On the existing wires with the extra toggle switch, one wire should be a ground, and the other a hot lead.

Aug 13, 2014 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...

1 Answer

Accessory toggle switch plug location

Behind the headlight nacelle, laying on top of the lower triple clamp.

Aug 20, 2013 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...

1 Answer

2008 road king classic I have a tick sound on left side?

Does it sound like a chain noise, coming from the primary case?

In 2007, Harley changed the primary chain tension adjuster to an "automatic", spring loaded one, that doesn't work very well.

You can bolt in an older manual adjuster, BUT the area that USED to be an inspection/access cover on the outer primary cover is now a solid area, so you'd have to remove the outer primary cover everytime you adjust the primary chain.

There are some aftermarket "automatic" adjusters out on the market.

May 18, 2012 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...

1 Answer

How do I adjust the steering head bearing from a 2008 HD road king classic

Jack bike so front wheel is off the ground.
Push handlebar to left until front end starts to continue turn by itself.
When it hits the fork stop (rubber bumper), it should bounce to the right, fall back to the left, then bounce right one more time before stopping, somewhere around the center position.

Remove headlight nacelle.
Remove steering stem nut (on top of top triple clamp).

Under the top triple clamp is a star adjuster ring.
Tighten to decrease swing (tightening bearings).
Loosen to increase swing (loosening bearings).

Reinstall steering stem nut (60-80 ft/lbs).
Reinstall headlight nacelle.

Feb 04, 2011 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...

1 Answer

I have a 1998 Rod King Classic and i want to know how to chand the rich side forck cover. Thanks

If you're talking about changing the right side "Cow bell" that is the stainless cover about eight inches long just below the nachelle, you have to take the right side fork out. Take the front wheel, brakes, and fender off, remove the nachelle and loosen the bolts that hold the fork tube on. Slide the fork tube out of the triple trees. Then there are two bolts up inside the "cow bell" that hold it onto the lower triple tree.

Good Luck

Nov 09, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...

1 Answer

How do i get to the clamps on a harley davidson road king handle bars?

The tops of the clamps are under a cover on top of the headlight nachelle. On the earlier, there were two screws that you had to take out and the handlebar clamps were right under the chrome cover. Now if you wish to get to the bushings on the "risers", most people call them clamps, you must remove the entire nachelle in most cases. This requires the removal of the windshield, headlight, turn signal bracket, and possibly other things. The bolts or nuts for the clamps are on the bottom side of the upper triple tree.

Apr 18, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king

1 Answer

My 2002 roadking handlebars are loose any fix

Harley Davidson handlebars are mounted in rubber vibration dampers. If they're too "mushy" for you, you can replace the bushings with either neoprene bushings or solid bushings. On your road king you need to gain access to the bottom side of the upper triple tree.

Apr 05, 2010 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHR - FLHRI Road...

1 Answer

What are the torque specifications for fork caps on a 2000 Harley Road King?

Not sure which "fork caps" you're talking about. In mechanics, so many people call different things by different names it's sometimes difficult to figure out what they are talking about.

Anyway, if you're talking about the large fork caps that at the upper triple tree, there is not specific torque, just snug. I wouldn't overtighten them due to there very thin profile and rounded corners on some.

If you're talking about the cap that screws directly into the upper fork tube, there again, no specific torque, just snug. If you tighten either of these caps too tightly, you could encounter problems with removal in the future.

If you are talking about the fork cap at the axle, the nuts torque to 12-15 foot pounds.

Jan 31, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...

1 Answer

Steering head adjustment, triple trees 2001 harley davidson road king

raise the front of the bike off the ground with a scissor jack and then lift up on the front wheel while somebody holds the bike. You should not feel it move back and forth but it should still turn freely. There should be NO sideways play in it is what I am trying to say but still be able to turn smoothly

Aug 28, 2009 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...

1 Answer

New handgrips on 2008 road king

check any service manual, they are all about the same system. I think I know what you are saying though.Take the switch housing off the right side, twist the throttle one way then the other to dis connect cables( there is 2). Old grip should slip right off. Is ther manual cruise on it? If so, that will need to be dis assembled as well (in the switch housing) It is not easy to do if you have big mitts.

Dec 07, 2008 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...

Not finding what you are looking for?
2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King Classic Logo

1,244 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Harley Davidson Experts

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4888 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4349 Answers


Level 3 Expert

79847 Answers

Are you a Harley Davidson Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides