Question about 2009 Gilera Runner ST 125
Gilera runner 180vx has a petrol issue. Ok so bought ordinarily as a 125vx with a problem of it getting no fuel. I changed pump, fuel tap & all hoses & fitted 180vx engine. The issue is it runs bit cuts out due to being starved of fuel, the white petrol tank only has a tiny bit of fuel in it all the time the tank will not fill up. I have tried riding it with fuel cap off to get rid of airlock but no luck. I am out of ideas, can anyone help? @
Hi, Ashleigh, you need to locate the fuel flow origin first to isolate the problem area otherwise the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel cap or fuel tank not venting properly.
3. Fuel filter clogged with rust or dirt.
4. Vacuum line to fuel valve clogged, cracked, pinched, bent, broken, or missing*
5. Faulty vacuum line switch/relay
6. Petcock clogged or diaphragm cracked, cut or torn*
6. Fuel line from the fuel valve/petcock to the carburetor clogged, cracked, pinched, bent, broken, or missing.
7. Vacuum lines to the mechanical fuel pump clogged, cracked, pinched, bent, broken or missing.
8. Faulty electric fuel pump and or wiring.
9. Fuel line from the fuel pump to the carburetor clogged, cracked, pinched, bent, broken, or missing.
10. Carburetor inlet fitting clogged.
11. Carburetor float and or needle and seat stuck.
12. Carburetor overflow line clogged, pinched, or bent.
13. Vacuum line from carburetor deacceleration valve not zipped tied.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Gilera NEXUS 300 Owner Manual
Posted on May 09, 2018
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi You need to get the ecu checked for fault codes if there are none it is possibly low fuel pressure you should allso check this have you changed the fuel filter or opened any fuel lines this could introduce air
which will lower fuel pressure.Good luck Chris.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
your fuel pump is diaghram actuated by pulses from crankcase pressure, if you look there is a small tube that runs from pump to valve cover, pull fuel line off carb and have some one crank it over to see if it's pumping. could be pump or blockage between tank and pump, if fuel flow seems good to carb, i would pull bowl off and check for dirt and also make sure anti run on valve, the thinghy that holds the bowl on to carb is opening properly, it should open and close when you turn key from off to run, beyond that it could be you have some water in your gas.
Posted on Mar 14, 2010
There's a procedure to recode new keys, so the immobilizer let's you use the new key, if (and only if) you have the master key (red). Look at this PDF:
Look for "Setting the Circuit" in the PDF.
Posted on Aug 21, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2017 | Gilera Runner VX 125 Motorcycles
Mar 18, 2017 | Gilera Runner VX 125 Motorcycles
Apr 06, 2015 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Apr 05, 2015 | 2006 Gilera Runner VX 125
Apr 08, 2010 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Jan 13, 2010 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Jan 06, 2010 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Aug 08, 2009 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
May 27, 2009 | 2005 Gilera Nexus 500
May 20, 2009 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: