Question about 2008 kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
I have an 08 Vulcan 500.I replaced the starter clutch because the engine was not turning over properly,but the new clutch still doesn't turn the engine over. The starter works fine.What could this be?
Hi, Mike before testing any electrical component in the Starting System it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
500 won start
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Kawasaki EN500 Vulcan 500 LTD Service Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD Owner Manual
Posted on May 20, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2017 | 2002 kawasaki VN 750 Vulcan
Jul 30, 2017 | 2003 kawasaki EN 500 Vulcan Classic
May 21, 2017 | 2007 kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Mar 22, 2017 | kawasaki Motorcycles
Feb 27, 2017 | 2007 kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Jul 23, 2014 | 2006 kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Mar 26, 2012 | 2009 kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Feb 06, 2012 | kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic Tourer Fi...
Jul 25, 2011 | 2006 kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Jun 22, 2009 | 2002 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Classic
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: