Question about 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Hi, Michael and the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty wiring to any safety switch.
2. Safety switches loose at the mounting point.
3. Faulty kickstand safety switch.
4. Failed kickstand safety switch circuit diode.
5. Stretched side stand spring.
6. Side stand not coming up far enough to disengage switch.
7. Faulty clutch lever safety switch.
8. Faulty neutral safety switch.
9. Clutch not properly adjusted.
10. Clutch plates sticking, forward lurch
For more information about your question and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Re dies when put in gear Road Star Forum Yamaha Road Star
Engine Kills when put in gear
Yamaha XV16AL Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XV1600A Owner Manual
Posted on May 19, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jan 05, 2014 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Dec 28, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
May 13, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Mar 25, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
May 19, 2011 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Dec 08, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Jul 31, 2010 | 2001 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
Feb 10, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha XV 1600 Wild Star
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: