Question about 2013 Honda Gold Wing F6B
I've had an F6B Wing for 2 years now, has 20,000 miles on it. Twice within 3 days it would fire but wouldn't start. I dinked around with it, clutch in and out, kick stand up and down, kill switch on and off, .. nothing.
Hi, Samuel and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
HELP my bike won start GL1800 Information Questions goldwingdocs com
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
New 2013 Honda OEM Service Manual GL1800 Goldwing F6B GL1800B GL1800BD eBay
HONDA Goldwing F6B Owner Manual
Posted on May 17, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2012 | 2005 GMC Yukon Xl Denali
May 29, 2011 | Yamaha FJ 1100 Motorcycles
Apr 28, 2011 | 2008 Subaru Outback
Sep 02, 2010 | Honda VF 750 C Magna Motorcycles
Jun 29, 2010 | 1988 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
Mar 26, 2010 | Saturn Vue Hybrid Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2009 | 1996 kawasaki VN 750 Vulcan
Jan 24, 2009 | 2005 Nissan Altima
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: