Question about 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
I disconnected the battery but the bike overheated i let it sit & now it wont start & barely turns over & sounds dry, i drained the oil, & its dark brown, what could be the problem?
Hi, Vasilly before testing any electrical component in the Starter Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test because your battery may have 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amps causing the battery to be faulty and must be replaced, especially "AGM" batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
When turn my car off it continues to run and will not shut off Why... What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
Yamaha YZFR1W 2007 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha YZF R1M Owner Manual
Posted on May 16, 2017
Testimonial: "Thank you for all that info, but one more question for you, out of everything that i told you, do you think my engine blew up or no?"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2016 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jul 20, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
May 29, 2011 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Aug 30, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Aug 11, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Aug 03, 2010 | 2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jun 28, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
Dec 10, 2009 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Sep 16, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jul 05, 2009 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Sep 23, 2017 | Motorcycles
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: