Question about 2002 BMW R 1150 R
Hi, Vitor and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test, your battery may show 12.5 volts or more but has little or zero amps causing the battery to be faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this category more so than lead acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
4 R1150RS won start and no spark
BMW Service BMW R1150R No Start
BMW 1150 RT Repair Manual
BMW Parts Microfiche
Posted on May 10, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2013 | 2002 BMW R 1150 R
Feb 14, 2013 | BMW Motorcycles
Sep 15, 2012 | 2002 BMW R 1150 R
Mar 15, 2012 | 2002 BMW R 1150 RS
Dec 30, 2011 | BMW Motorcycles
Sep 29, 2010 | BMW R 1150 R Motorcycles
Sep 08, 2010 | 2002 BMW R 1150 R
Jan 04, 2010 | 2003 BMW R 1150 R Rockster
Feb 22, 2009 | 2002 BMW R 1150 R
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: