Question about Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Hi, Orvie the primary noise is probably a loose primary chain as for the poor running condition the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor damaged, contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
14. Fuel filter clogged.
15. Old or contaminated fuel.
16. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
17. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
18. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
19. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
20. Incorrect valve timing.
21. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
22. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
23. Incompatible performance parts.
24. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
25. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below and for more specific information or questions at no charge please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Sputter and spitting when given gas Harley Davidson Forums
Instant Tech Relief To speak to me personally absolutely "FREE"
Posted on May 10, 2017
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2014 | Hyundai Motor 2004 Accent
Sep 29, 2014 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Jul 03, 2014 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Dec 26, 2013 | Motorcycles
Dec 26, 2013 | Buell M2 Cyclone Motorcycles
Aug 05, 2009 | GE Heating & Cooling
Jul 30, 2009 | Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP Console
Jun 29, 2008 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson Motorcycle...
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!