Question about 2006 Honda VTX 1800
Hi, Joel and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test if necessary, your battery may show 12.5 volts but have little or zero amps and needs to be replaced.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, points/condenser ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
VTX 1800 Stalling while riding
VTX 1300 engine shut down problem
Honda 2005 VTX1800C Owner Manual
Posted on May 02, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 19, 2016 | Honda Motorcycles
Sep 12, 2015 | 2006 Honda VTX 1800 Sport Cruiser
Jan 15, 2013 | 2006 Honda VTX 1800 Performance Cruiser
May 06, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1800
Jul 13, 2011 | 2010 Harley Davidson FLHXX Street Glide...
Jun 10, 2011 | 2007 Honda VTX 1800 F
Jun 03, 2011 | 2003 Honda VTX
Jun 06, 2010 | 2006 Honda VTX 1800
Feb 19, 2010 | 2006 Honda VTX 1800
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: