Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Hi, Joe I would let it dry out for a couple of days otherwise the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor damaged, contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
14. Fuel filter clogged.
15. Old or contaminated fuel.
16. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
17. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
18. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
19. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
20. Incorrect valve timing.
21. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
22. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
23. Incompatible performance parts.
24. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
25. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
XJ700 Bogs at High RPM under load
Yamaha XJ700N Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on May 01, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Nov 20, 2011 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 S Maxim
Jul 04, 2011 | 1986 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
May 28, 2011 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 S Maxim
Feb 19, 2011 | 1998 Yamaha YZF-R1
Oct 25, 2010 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Sep 20, 2010 | 1986 Yamaha FZ 750 TV (Europe)
May 03, 2010 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Oct 11, 2009 | 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Sep 08, 2009 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: